DeepFeet 3 – Advanced Anterior/ Sidelying
DeepFeet 3 Advanced Anterior & Side-lying
1.5 day - 12 CE - $275
Non-Refundable Deposit: $100
Pre-requisite: Certified in DeepFeet 1 Basics
The Advanced Deepfeet Bar Therapy™curriculum utilizes a variety of barefoot techniques to improve the client’s postural alignment, range of motion, muscle responsiveness and overall health and well-being. As a practice, it is compromised of a set of unique and proprietary foundational and structural techniques, Utilizing what we call the “3 Connects”. The first connect is compression, the second connect is engage and the third connect is activate.
Together these three techniques work in harmony to provide an effective muscle release technique that is beneficial for clients experiencing pain and limited range of motion from repetitive stress injuries, work out related soreness and past traumas or injuries resulting in scar tissue formation.
Client assistance during the application is involved with multi-positioning to locate the anterior, lateral, medial and sagittal muscles in relationship to surrounding structures and landmarks.
Upon completion and practice, students will gain enough confidence and knowledge to perform up to a 2-hour Ashiatsu including posterior, anterior and side lying barefoot massage techniques.
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Massage students with 75% completion of schooling.
- Licensed Chiropractors, Physical Therapists & Acupuncturists
Physical Expectations: We ask that you are healthy and free of any contraindications that would prevent you from receiving Ashiatsu in class.
- Pregnancy or trying to conceive
- Uncontrolled High blood pressure
- Recent injuries or surgeries
- Contagious skin disorders
- Compromised immune system
- Acute liver or kidney disorders
- Certain medications
- Acute autoimmune disorders
- Recent surgical implants
- Advanced Diabetes
The art of learning effleurage fluidly with the feet can be physically and mentally challenging. A successful learning environment depends on team participation.
If you have any physical ailment or debility that may interfere with you or your classmates’ learning process, please contact us in advance. Our first priority is safety for all students and guest clients participating in our workshops. A private one-on-one class may be available if you require extra time or attention. Each student will give and receive two or more hours of Ashiatsu on the first two days of class. Although Ashiatsu is incredibly relaxing, it is also a deep compressive form of massage that is not appropriate for all conditions.
- 3 hand towels
- King Pillow Case
- Table warmer (optional)
- Blanket (optional)
- Cream and Oil
- Pen & Paper
- Flip flops that can be sanitized
- Foot File
- Snacks, Water, Lunch
- Please arrive to class with clean, soft, pedicured feet. We ask that you shorten and file your toenails and make an extra effort to soften heels with a foot file or pumice stone.
- Allow plenty of time to travel to and from the workshop location.
- Our courses are very comprehensive and adhere to a strict class schedule. Please arrive on time or 10 minutes early to class.
- We ask that you refrain from texting or talking on your phone during class and be respectful and considerate of your fellow classmates.
- You will be giving and receiving Ashiatsu through out the course and may end up lying face down for upwards of two hours. We ask that you are healthy and free of any conditions or recent injuries/surgeries that would contraindicate deep compressive massage techniques (including pregnancy)
- You will be asked two sign a code of ethics agreement and workshop liability disclaimer on day one of class.
- How can you prepare before class? Walking barefoot is great for waking up your sensory receptors located on the bottom of your feet. There are a number of ways to physically prepare for class. Any class where you work out barefoot is ideal. Our recommendations include Barre classes, Yoga, Pilates and the Nia technique. In addition, picking up marbles or small objects with you feet will help with dexterity and fine motor movements.