DeepFeet Code of Ethics & Workshop Disclaimer
Code of Ethics Agreement:
Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapy™ – Training and Use Agreement Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapy™ and Ashi-Thai™ as brands are comprised of a proprietary set of trademarks, logos, and designs. These, along with its copyright materials such as handouts, manuals, posters, media, and other intellectual property is and shall remain in full ownership of Ashiatsu Institute, LLC. As the industry leaders in the field of Barefoot Massage, Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapy™ maintains the reputation, purity, and quality of this modality through our high expectations in workshop presentation, instructor training and student certification programs. This quality of our research into every part of the technique, from the course design to the protocol of strokes, will show itself in you and your work.
By attending our training workshops and following through with each level of certification, you will be a part of our team of thousands of DeepFeet practitioners, representing this brand across the globe for the duration of your career in massage therapy. As such, we have quality assurance and maintenance considerations to prevent mock-off instructional programs. It is essential that the purity of this work and the high-quality teaching standards established for this curriculum be upheld and honored for the continued respect of this lineage, as well as for the growth and support of our loyal DeepFeet practitioners.
Partial CEU Policy:
DeepFeet Bar Therapy has a “no partial credit rule,” regarding our classes and do not offer partial CEU’s. Students must attend and complete every class in which they would like CEU’s for. DeepFeet is subject to the rules of a regulatory body that does not allow partial credit and expects each participant to complete our curriculum in its entirety. CE credit requirements are strictly enforced in accordance with the rules of the governing organizations such as NCBTMB.
In the event of an emergency, unexpected pregnancy or illness, an exception will be applied if the student needs to leave class. The DeepFeet corporate office must be notified on the day of the occurrence and will then decide on how to proceed on a case-by-case basis. Students must complete the remaining missed hours within 3 months of the course start date in order to obtain CE credits, otherwise, a full retake of the course is required.
Students who do not complete full hours of class, this includes arriving late or leave early. will be ineligible to become certified for class or progress to the next level. Students must complete and become certified in DeepFeet 1 Basics before they are eligible for an advanced class. Missed hours can be made up with a certified DeepFeet instructor at the student’s expense. Once the full course hours are completed, the DeepFeet corporate office will issue CEU’s.
By taking this training, you agree to, and are accountable for, the following:
• That only by becoming a Certified Ashiatsu DeepFeet Therapist, can you present yourself as a “Certified Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapist.” Taking this training does not automatically certify you as an Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapy™ practitioner, and thus you will not imply that you are such, or any similar designation, in any material unless you have been fully Certified by Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapy™ as a certified practitioner.
• Attending our workshops or acquiring our materials does not qualify you to teach the DeepFeet curriculum or become a Certified DeepFeet Instructor, and thus you will not imply that you are such, or any similar designation, in any format unless you have fully completed our instructor training program that leads to the status of an Authorized DeepFeet Instructor
• That you will not utilize the Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapy™ logo or words within a service not related to the protocols presented in this workshop.
• That you are not currently, and will not in the future, be developing, creating, consulting, or working with any individual or entity on a unique specialty training based on manipulation of soft tissue provided by the feet, using overhead support while standing on a massage table, stool or elevated surface.
• That you will not photocopy, publish, reprint, share or broadcast any materials from the training, in part or in whole, without the expressed written consent of its copyright holder, Ashiatsu Institute, LLC
• Audio and video recording, as well as photographs, are not permitted in any workshop.
• You agree you will not advertise or charge clients for Ashiatsu treatments if you are NOT a licensed massage therapist in the state you in which you reside in.
Workshop Liability & Bar Installation Disclaimer
This interactive workshop presents a guide to therapeutic protocols using the feet for massage. Therapists taking the DeepFeet Bar Therapy workshops are fully aware of the fitness level involved before taking this workshop. In DeepFeet Two, advanced two-footed strokes are taught and were designed to be received by persons who are thick muscled and weigh 50 – 100 pounds over your body weight. However, during the training of any workshop, the student must first practice on each other to understand the fundamentals of the application.
In the event that during training you receive stiffness, soreness, redness, skin irritation, headaches, sinus congestion, bruises or any condition due to (residual effects of learning), you realize that this is due to the first time experience of learning a new technique from other students such as yourself. Because you will be in a clinical situation, you will also be expected to lie in a prone position for a longer period of time than that of a normal hour massage session.
In order to administer the technique properly, it is essential that you inform us in advance of any condition which could be aggregated by the technique or is contraindicated all together.
Conditions that are contraindicated for receiving Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage are as follows:
Furthermore; any information regarding installation of the bar constitutes as part of this disclaimer. The therapist also understands that the over-head system used for balance during this training is part of this liability waiver. Ashiatsu Institute, LLC and any of their instructors accept no liability for installation of the bars or their use. The founder, instructors or persons hosting this event refuse to accept either responsibility for or liability to any therapist or guest client regarding any loss or damage either alleged to be directly or indirectly caused by his/her utilization of the supplemental vocational information, or utilization of equipment contained or taught in this seminar. You agree to indemnify, defend, hold the above mentioned persons and company harmless from and against any and all claims, causes of action, losses, fees, costs, expenses, damages, or other liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) whether direct or indirect, asserted against, resulting to, imposed upon or incurred by Company (1) by reason of your breach of this agreement, or (2) otherwise resulting from your application and use of the Methodologies. In no event shall Company or its instructors be liable for any claims, whether in contract or tort (including negligence or otherwise), and whether asserted by you or by any third party related to your use of the methodologies.
Leave this empty:
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: DeepFeet Code of Ethics & Workshop Disclaimer
Agree & Sign