DeepFeet 2 Advanced
2 Days - 16 CE Hours - $500
Non-Refundable Deposit: $200
Pre-requisite: Certified in DeepFeet 1 Basics
Safety pre-requisite: Physical ability to hold 40% of your natural body weight off receiving the partner.
This dynamic advance course level is best suited for the barefoot basics graduate who has had time to acquire some clinical experience and are ready to take their barefoot skill set to the next level. You will need an upper arm and core strength in addition to balance and coordination to deliver comfortable two-footed moves to your training partner.
Theory and lecture will focus on specific back conditions while identifying and qualifying clients for this treatment. At the end of this 2-day course, you will have learned advanced concepts using two feet to spread and elongate chronic shortened muscle tissue and have many more barefoot strokes to add to most Ashiatsu treatment. You will master the art of fusing science, movement, healing, and rhythm into a seamless flowing barefoot dance. This course level and master training is truly the essence of our advanced training program.
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Massage students with 75% completion of schooling.
- Licensed Chiropractors, Physical Therapists & Acupuncturists
Physical Expectations: We ask that you are healthy and free of any contraindications that would prevent you from receiving Ashiatsu in class.
- Pregnancy or trying to conceive
- Uncontrolled High blood pressure
- Recent injuries or surgeries
- Contagious skin disorders
- Compromised immune system
- Acute liver or kidney disorders
- Certain medications
- Acute autoimmune disorders
- Recent surgical implants
- Advanced Diabetes
The art of learning effleurage fluidly with the feet can be physically and mentally challenging. A successful learning environment depends on team participation.
If you have any physical ailment or debility that may interfere with you or your classmates’ learning process, please contact us in advance. Our first priority is safety for all students and guest clients participating in our workshops. A private one-on-one class may be available if you require extra time or attention. Each student will give and receive two or more hours of Ashiatsu on the first two days of class. Although Ashiatsu is incredibly relaxing, it is also a deep compressive form of massage that is not appropriate for all conditions.
- 3 hand towels
- King Pillow Case
- Table warmer (optional)
- Blanket (optional)
- Cream and Oil
- Pen & Paper
- Flip flops that can be sanitized
- Foot File
- Snacks, Water, Lunch
- Please arrive to class with clean, soft, pedicured feet. We ask that you shorten and file your toenails and make an extra effort to soften heels with a foot file or pumice stone.
- Allow plenty of time to travel to and from the workshop location.
- Our courses are very comprehensive and adhere to a strict class schedule. Please arrive on time or 10 minutes early to class.
- We ask that you refrain from texting or talking on your phone during class and be respectful and considerate of your fellow classmates.
- You will be giving and receiving Ashiatsu throughout the course and may end up lying face down for upwards of two hours. We ask that you are healthy and free of any conditions or recent injuries/surgeries that would contraindicate deep compressive massage techniques (including pregnancy)
- You will be asked two sign a code of ethics agreement and workshop liability disclaimer on day one of class.
- How can you prepare before class? Walking barefoot is great for waking up your sensory receptors located on the bottom of your feet. There are a number of ways to physically prepare for class. Any class where you work out barefoot is ideal. Our recommendations include Barre classes, Yoga, Pilates and the Nia Technique. In addition, picking up marbles or small objects with your feet will help with dexterity and fine motor movements.