DeepFeet Sarga Silks
2 Days, 16 CEU's $495
Non-Refundable Deposit: $200
Pre-requisite: Licensed Massage Therapist
We are excited to partner with Sarga Bodywork and offer a DeepFeet Ashiatsu course utilizing their innovative Sarga Floor System.
Deepfeet Sarga Silks is a 2-day course that teaches students how to properly install and utilize the Sarga floor system. Barefoot techniques taught are western focused and include a variety of new DeepFeet strokes, to deliver an effective and therapeutic Ashiatsu floor massage treatment. The course focuses on the posterior aspect of the body and includes some anterior protocols so that upon completion the body-worker will be able to deliver a 60-90 minute Sarga Silks session. This course is ideal for mobile therapists, therapists that cannot install overhead bars or anyone seeking NEW barefoot methods to enhance your practice.
We not only do we train you how to use your foot as a massage tool – we also teach you trademarked sequence that has proven to be successful, so you will walk away with confidence and certainty to start practicing your newly acquired barefoot skills right away. Making sure you are safely up and operational before you leave the workshop is our number one priority. With over 25 years of experience, we set the standards when it comes to barefoot massage.
Sarga Silks Course covers the following:
- Posterior & Anterior Sarga Silks Technique
- DeepFeet Sarga Methodology, Benefits, Guidelines
- Table Set up, Sarga Floor Equipment, Safety, Supplies
- Body Mechanics, Contraindications
- Lubrication & Draping,
- Marketing DeepFeet Sarga Silks
- Certification and more.
A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required to hold your spot. Once you complete the registration process a confirmation email will be sent to you. The remaining tuition balance will be due to your instructor two weeks prior to class. Upon completion of this course, you will receive 16 credit hours, which you can apply to your NCBTMB certification, AMTA or ABMP renewal. To become certified in DeepFeet Sarga Silks students are required to perform 10 practice sessions and complete an online quiz and submit 10 documented practice sessions
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Massage students with 75% completion of schooling.
- Licensed Chiropractors, Physical Therapists & Acupuncturists
Physical Expectations: We ask that you are healthy and free of any contraindications that would prevent you from receiving Ashiatsu in class.
- Pregnancy or trying to conceive
- Uncontrolled High blood pressure
- Recent injuries or surgeries
- Contagious skin disorders
- Compromised immune system
- Acute liver or kidney disorders
- Certain medications
- Acute autoimmune disorders
- Recent surgical implants
- Advanced Diabetes
The art of learning effleurage fluidly with the feet can be physically and mentally challenging. A successful learning environment depends on team participation.
If you have any physical ailment or debility that may interfere with you or your classmates’ learning process, please contact us in advance. Our first priority is safety for all students and guest clients participating in our workshops. A private one-on-one class may be available if you require extra time or attention. Each student will give and receive two or more hours of Ashiatsu on the first two days of class. Although Ashiatsu is incredibly relaxing, it is also a deep compressive form of massage that is not appropriate for all conditions.
- 3 hand towels
- King Pillow Case
- Table warmer (optional)
- Blanket (optional)
- Pen & Paper
- Flip flops that can be sanitized
- Foot File
- Snacks, Water, Lunch
- Please arrive to class with clean, soft, pedicured feet. We ask that you shorten and file your toenails and make an extra effort to soften heels with a foot file or pumice stone.
- Allow plenty of time to travel to and from the workshop location.
- Our courses are very comprehensive and adhere to a strict class schedule. Please arrive on time or 10 minutes early to class.
- We ask that you refrain from texting or talking on your phone during class and be respectful and considerate of your fellow classmates.
- You will be giving and receiving Ashiatsu throughout the course and may end up lying face down for upwards of two hours. We ask that you are healthy and free of any conditions or recent injuries/surgeries that would contraindicate deep compressive massage techniques (including pregnancy)
- You will be asked two sign a code of ethics agreement and workshop liability disclaimer on day one of class.
- How can you prepare before class? Walking barefoot is great for waking up your sensory receptors located on the bottom of your feet. There are a number of ways to physically prepare for class. Any class where you work out barefoot is ideal. Our recommendations include Barre classes, Yoga, Pilates, and the Nia Technique. In addition, picking up marbles or small objects with your feet will help with dexterity and fine motor movements.