DeepFeet 1 Posterior Basics
DeepFeet 1: Posterior Basics 25-30 CEU’s
Pre Req: Licensed Massage Therapist
We have designed a professional and comprehensive eLearning Ashiatsu Course with a detailed virtual instruction that teaches licensed massage therapists how to safely and effectively administer barefoot massage techniques. Techniques taught are western focused and includes cross-fiber friction, effleurage, petrissage, compression as well as trigger point and myofascial techniques.
Our dynamic online Ashiatsu Course provides digital material & video instruction that includes the following:
- Posterior Seated/Standing Ashiatsu Techniques
- DeepFeet Methodology, Benefits, Top Guidelines
- Table Set up, Equipment, Safety, Supplies
- History, Anatomy, Body Mechanics, Contraindications
- Communication & Terminology
- Lubrication & Draping, Foot Care
- Exams, Client Practice Log & Feedback Forms
- Bar Construction Manual
- Marketing Ashiatsu
- Instructor Skype Available on Pro Package
- Group Discounts Available, email email@example.com for details
Our teaching methodologies are designed to work with each practitioner’s skill level, physical characteristics and learning style. We offer three comprehensive packages to choose from that are designed to suit your individual needs. All packages provided will prepare you to offer Ashiatsu as a service in your practice. However, in order to market yourself as a DeepFeet Certified Therapist, you must complete the Pro Certification Course.
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Massage students with 75% completion of schooling.
- Licensed Chiropractors, Physical Therapists & Acupuncturists
Physical Expectations: We ask that you are healthy and free of any contraindications that would prevent you from receiving Ashiatsu in class.
- Pregnancy or trying to conceive
- Uncontrolled High blood pressure
- Recent injuries or surgeries
- Contagious skin disorders
- Compromised immune system
- Acute liver or kidney disorders
- Certain medications
- Acute autoimmune disorders
- Recent surgical implants
- Advanced Diabetes
The art of learning effleurage fluidly with the feet can be physically and mentally challenging. A successful learning environment depends on team participation.
If you have any physical ailment or debility that may interfere with you or your classmates’ learning process, please contact us in advance. Our first priority is safety for all students and guest clients participating in our workshops. A private one-on-one class may be available if you require extra time or attention. Each student will give and receive two or more hours of Ashiatsu on the first two days of class. Although Ashiatsu is incredibly relaxing, it is also a deep compressive form of massage that is not appropriate for all conditions.
- Computer, Ipad
- Adobe Flash Player
- High Speed Internet
- Ashiatsu Bars
- Sturdy Wooden Stool 24"-26" tall
- 32"-35" wide Massage Table
- Cream or Oil
- Hand Towels
- King Pillow
1. Be physically healthy & fit and free of any recent injuries
2. Have a strong understanding of anatomy, physiology and deep tissue techniques
3. Be able set aside a minimum of 5-10 hours a week for study & practice
4.. Receive Ashiatsu sessions during your training from a Certified DeepFeet Graduate
5. Perform 20 practice sessions on various body types
Our comprehensive Ashiatsu E-learning course has been created with the same amount of quality and care that we put forth in our live classroom teachings. We’re here to help you along the way to understand every element of performing the best barefoot massage techniques you can.
This is not a typical home study massage course that only involves a written manual and video instruction. Our course meets that standards of a true E Learning experience where students will log into a private secure online platform and follow a detailed course outline and are tested on each lesson before they are able to move onto the following module. Most students will spend approximately 3-4 hours on our lecture portion of class before viewing ashiatsu video instruction. Our number one goal is safety for both the therapist and the client. Making sure you have an understanding of proper bar construction, contraindications and body mechanics is key to delivering a safe and productive Ashiatsu treatment.
Documented practice sessions are required to complete our e learning courses and receive full CE credit. What sets our E Learning Course apart from others is that our course content is delivered in a fashion that is interesting, challenging and most importantly holds students accountable for learning and retaining the content so that you can practice Ashiatsu effectively and successfully beyond your time with us.
We offer three comprehensive packages to choose from that were designed to suit your individual needs. All packages provided will prepare you to offer Ashiatsu as a service in your practice. However, in order to market yourself as a DeepFeet Certified Therapist you must complete the Pro Certification Course.
If you have multiple therapists you would like trained please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.