3 days, 25 CE Hours $725
Pre-requisite: Licensed Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, Physical Therapist,
Non-Refundable Deposit: $325
We have designed a comprehensive
three day class that teaches licensed
professionals how to administer barefoot massage techniques that offer
students both posterior and anterior
protocols. Barefoot massage techniques taught are western focused and includes: effleurage, petrissage, compression as well as some trigger point and myofascial techniques.
You will have lots of “feet on” time in this class. Though we use the parallel bars in the ceiling to regulate our weight, we do have some fitness levels /weight guidelines associated with taking this course. Our teaching methodologies are designed to work with each practitioner’s skill level, physical characteristics and learning style. Emphasis during the three-day workshop will be on body mechanics, barefoot application, contraindications, certification and bar construction.
This introduction to barefoot massage course includes both posterior and anterior protocols so that upon completion the body-worker will be able to deliver a 90 minute rich and detailed supine and prone Ashiatsu session.
We not only do we train you how to use your foot as a massage tool – we also teach you trademarked sequence that has proven to be successful, so you will walk away with confidence and certainty to start practicing your newly acquired barefoot skills right away. Making sure you are safely up and operational before you leave the workshop is our number one priority. With over 25 years of experience, we set the standards when it comes to barefoot bar work.
Upon completion of class you will receive 25 credit hours, which you can apply to your NCBTMB certification, AMTA or ABMP renewal. To become certified in Ashiastu DeepFeet Bar Therapy students are required to perform a practical on day three of class, complete an online quiz and submit 20 documented practice sessions.
What To Bring
- 3 hand towels
- King Pillow Case
- Table warmer (optional)
- Blanket (optional)
- Cream and Oil
- Pen & Paper
- Flip flops that can be sanitized
- Foot File
- Snacks, Water, Lunch
- Allow plenty of time to travel to and from the workshop location.
- Our courses are very comprehensive and adhere to a strict class schedule. Please arrive on time or 10 minutes early to class.
- We ask that you refrain from texting or talking on your phone during class and be respectful and considerate of your fellow classmates.
- You will be giving and receiving Ashiatsu through out the course and may end up lying face down for upwards of two hours. We ask that you are healthy and free of any conditions or recent injuries/surgeries that would contraindicate deep compressive massage techniques (including pregnancy)
- You will be asked two sign a code of ethics agreement and workshop liability disclaimer on day one of class.
- How can you prepare before class? Walking barefoot is great for waking up your sensory receptors located on the bottom of your feet. There are a number of ways to physically prepare for class. Any class where you work out barefoot is ideal. Our recommendations include Barre classes, Yoga, Pilates and the Nia technique. In addition, picking up marbles or small objects with you feet will help with dexterity and fine motor movements.